Salons will meet on Wednesday evenings from 7 until 9pm in the 3rd on 3rd Gallery. Each artist will give a 15-20 minute presentation which will be followed by Q&A and discussion. We envision these salons to be informal, supportive, and fun.
Presenters – I made some stuff up. If you want to describe your talk more accurately, please do! You can add a comment after this post and when I see it, I’ll fix the listing.
February 22, 2012 – 7-9pm, 3rd on 3rd Gallery
- Tara Eastman: based on exhibit entry “Leo’s Pretty Tree,” Growing Where You Are Planted will explore ideas around these questions: What inspires you? How do you work that into the practical work of how you create? What tools help you keep creating?
- Cathy Panebianco: iPhone-O-graphy. That’s what they’re calling art created with the iPhone. Really!
- Debra Eck: current musings of an installation artist
March 7, 2012 – 7-9pm, 3rd on 3rd Gallery
- Sara Lawrence Skillman: Natural Glimpses – watercolors of wildlife and embroidered landscapes
- Bethany Bjork: creating sculpture
- Patricia Micciche: Healing Symbols in Art
March 21, 2012 – 7-9pm, 3rd on 3rd Gallery
- Anne Conroy-Baiter: how my roles as a mother/professional/freelancer/artist directly affect both the subjects and techniques of my artwork
- Kathleen Tenpas: Poetry in Fabric
- Barbara Fox: the creative process, work ethic, and working toward goals